Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection Sunday / Prayer Appointed for the Week (April 24 - 30)

Okay, so I have epically failed on blogging this past week. Although I wish I would have (because, let's face it, there were some great opportunities to blog this week), I was quite busy with moving into the town home where Sharon and I will live after we're married in 20 days. I do promise to update with photos (or possibly a video?) of the new pad soon (fingers crossed for it to be this week).

On another note, today is Easter or Resurrection Sunday! This day is quite an exciting time for the church as we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus. So, in honor of today, I thought I would post one of my most loved hymns. Enjoy!


Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior,
waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord!

Refrain:
Up from the grave he arose;
with a mighty triumph o'er his foes;
he arose a victor from the dark domain,
and he lives forever, with his saints to reign.
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!

Vainly they watch his bed, Jesus my Savior,
vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord!
(Refrain)

Death cannot keep its prey, Jesus my Savior;
he tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord!
(Refrain)



Moving on, now that Holy Week is coming to a close and we move into the season of Easter for the next 50 days, the PAftW should now be back on a regular schedule. So, without further adieu, here you are, my friends!

Almighty God, who through your only begotten Son Jesus Christ overcame death and opened to us the gate of everlasting life: Grant that I, who celebrate with Joy the day of the Lord's resurrection, may be raised to the death of sin by your life giving Spirit; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment