Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Prayer Appointed for the Week

I have come to enjoy The Divine Hours by Phyllis Tickle. They are a wonderful resource for those who enjoy a daily structured prayer life. They offer passages from the Scriptures as well as prayers taken primarily from The Book of Common Prayer. I have decided that I will post the appointed prayer for the week every week beginning on Sunday (BUT since I decided to begin this blog on a Tuesday, I trust that you will forgive me for it being two days late). I hope those of you who read this blog will enjoy them.

Prayer Appointed for the Week (March 6-12):

Almighty God, whose blessed Son was led by the Spirit to be tempted by Satan:
Come quickly to help us who are assaulted by many temptations; and, as you know the weakness of each of us, let each one find you mighty to save; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.



Peace of Christ,

Nick

2 comments:

  1. Please explain this Divine Hours thing to me...I have searched online and found an autumn/winter version, a spring version, an Easter version, a pocket version...which one are you using here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently I am using the Spring one. The ones that I have are Spring, Summer and Autumn/Winter. There are some others, but those are the day-by-day ones.

    ReplyDelete