Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend in Corinth

Well folks, as promised, here are some pictures from our weekend in my little hometown of Corinth, MS. Fun was had by all as we ventured to the quaint downtown area for a little lunch at Borrum's Drug Store:









After we were all seated, Sharon and I looked at the menu...




Already knowing what we were going to order, we chose the world's greatest Patty Melt. Literally.



Then I figured, "what the hay, I'll take a snap shot" and caught mom doing what she's always doing... texting.

This is a great little place to check out if you ever find yourself in Corinth. The food is great, the atmosphere is wonderful and downtown Corinth has numerous shops and historical attractions to check out. If you are ever in need of someone to interpret the Mississippi slag for you or just want someone to join you at Borrum's, give me a "hollar" as they like to say and I know that Sharon and I will be on board in an instant.

4 comments:

  1. What were those weird Depression-era burger sandwich things that you told us about that one July 4th? They were barely edible but y'all had a whole festival named after them or something. Clearly I have an incomplete memory on this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! The Slugbuger! Now that you've brought it up I may just have to do a post on the greatness (i.e. nastiness) that is the slugburger. I'll keep that one in mind over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you 2 were in Corinth and you didn't inform me somehow. I see how it is. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slugburger? Oh man it's even worse than I half-remembered it was.

    ReplyDelete