Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Weekend in Macon

Okay, so I realize that my last few posts have been about trips to one town or another, but I promise that I do have other things to blog about. In fact, I fully intend on blogging a review of Feallengod: The Conflict in the Heavenlies by Craig Davis later this week, so be on the lookout for that. In the meantime, however, I would like to note some great observations of our schweet weekend in Macon, GA with Sharon's folks.

1. Apartment complexes in Macon are at least 65% better than those in Jackson. The reasons being that they are not only gated communities (A++), but the majority of them only a require a pet deposit and not an added monthly expense to own a pet (A+++). The complexes are not only nicer, they are genuine communities as opposed to most of the complexes in Jackson.

2. On the subject of apartments, there is at least 1 sketchy complex in every city. Macon is not omitted from this group.

3. The Melting Pot is one fantabuloso restaurant! I have to say that fondue is quite amazing and I completely agree with Kitty Forman's assessment that it should be called "fundue."

4. Malls for rich people will most assuredly make you feel middle class the moment you walk into one of the stores and they look you up and down and decide not to help you. Oh well, I still drank a ritzy bottle of water from your Starbucks! Bazinga!

5. Leaving for an 8 hour drive home after 4 pm is NOT the best of ideas... especially when your fiancee has to work the next morning. Still, I drove the whole way because I'm hardcore like that!



That's pretty much it on the observations. There were a lot more, but since I don't want you folks to tire of reading before you finish, I'll leave it here. All in all though, it was a great weekend and I always enjoy spending some time in Macon.

Until next time, folks

- Nick

1 comment:

  1. If Macon apartment gates are anything like Dallas apartment gates, they are more for show than actual function. But it's still nice to have one for the illusion of safety.

    ReplyDelete